Search theBolderBoulder's Blog

Sunday, December 23, 2012

The Good Traitor, Part 3


The Good Traitor (Part Three)
            It was getting late, and Sheer still needed to find a place to stay.
            That was her thought while she was walking through a once magnificent city, which is now nothing less than a wasteland. A City now controlled by the Villain Leaders.
             Then, she heard a noise. She started looking around to find the source of the sound. Was it what she thought it was?
            She saw nothing.
            So, she continued, keeping a watchful eye around her. Then she saw something out of the corner of her eye. A figure. A Stray. It was Aleck, the one whom she was seen with and was banished for talking to. He was short, red and seemed to have put together a piece of armor, and attached it to his arm. He also had a flame shaped blade. His helmet also had a bit of a flame shape to it as well.
            “I was wondering if you were going to show up,” Aleck exclaimed. “What took you so long?”
            “Well… I was seen by one of my partners speaking with you, so I was brought to the Castle where I met with the Black Phantom, and was banished for talking to you. They also agreed that if I was seen by any other Villains that are under their control, they are allowed to destroy me in any way they see fit,” Sheer explained.
            “No…,” Aleck mumbled, stunned, lowering his head.
            “I didn’t even know they had found out until I was brought before the Villain Leaders.”
            “Man, how did this happen?”
            “I don’t know. But, I do have some good news, but we should go somewhere safe, where no one will hear us,” Sheer said.
            “There are no ‘safe’ places around here anymore,” Aleck replied.
            “Safe-er, then?”
            “Well, there’s a place--“
            “Then let’s go,” Sheer said quickly.   
            They moved farther away from the City, into a building that looked like a large home, and stepped inside. The exterior of the building was a dark shade of grey, with scorch marks on the side. It was most likely from an attack during the Breakout. Then, inside, and to the left, they walked over to a hatch that isn’t noticeable at first glance. Mainly because Aleck had covered most of it with a piece of a broken wall.  Aleck walked over to the hatch door, opened it, and motioned for Sheer to go inside first. He then looked around cautiously, closed the hatch door, and locked it, sealing them form the ever present dangers of the outdoors.
            “So, what is the good news?” Aleck asked, while descending from the stairs that led down to the hidden place. The underground room was a little larger than Sheer expected. It was dark, beside some small lights that were hanging on the walls. From what Sheer could see in the darkened room, there was a shelf that held supplies, a bed on the opposite wall, a mat at the end of the stair way, a small desk, and a couple chairs. Most of which must have been salvaged from wreckage from the building above ground.
            As Aleck descended down the last few steps of the stairway, he flipped a switch on the stairway wall, and four large florescent lights lit up on the ceiling.  Now Sheer could see everything much more clarity.
            “I think I may be able to help you save your family,” Sheer then said, after quickly observing the area.
            “H-how? The City is swarming with Searchers, City Guards, and even Hunters!”
            “But remember, I have inside knowledge of the system. I know just about everything they know, if not more. But, it may take some time to figure out the Guard’s patrolling schedules. If we can figure that out, it will help with the rest of my plan.”
            “Well, I do have somewhat of an idea of what their rounds are. The times seem to be pretty consistent. This should help, I suppose?”
            “Yes, it may be one of the most important factors. Like I said, once we know those, it should help out a lot.”
            “Okay, but I suggest we start tomorrow, they may be starting their evening rounds.”
            A moment passed.
“So, tomorrow?”
            “Tomorrow.”
            “Okay. So, do you have enough supplies for both of us tonight?”
            “Well, I guess so. I wasn’t really ready for another person to stay with me, but I suppose I do have enough for both of us.”
            “Alright, great. I will help you find some more places to get supplies tomorrow.”
            It was quiet for a little while. Aleck was the first to speak, mainly to put an end to the silence.
            “What exactly is your plan?” Aleck asked.
            “Like I said, once we know what time those Villains do their rounds, then we will figure out what to do,” Sheer replied.
            “Okay, I really hope you know what you’re doing.”
            “Believe me; I know what I’m doing.”
            “Alright, I trust you do.”
            “We should probably discuss this tomorrow. We are going to need some rest. We will begin watching what those City Guards do on a daily basis.”
            “Thank you. I trust this will work out.”

No comments:

Post a Comment