Search theBolderBoulder's Blog

Monday, June 29, 2015

The Plan Proceeds, Part 5

          Oran crept around the corner of the new house the Alliance had found for the overflow of new Strays to stay. He hoped no one would notice his absence. He squatted down behind the back of the house.
          He quickly opened his bag and pulled out a black rectangular shaped object. He twisted a knob on it, and it made a faint squawking noise. He glanced around, and put in an ear piece that he connected to the object.
         He listened.
         "Where have you been?! Why haven't you told us anything?" a voice came from his ear piece.
         He replied in a whispered tone, "I don't have much time to talk. Just know that they're falling for everything I've been saying. So far, it's all going to the plan. There may be a few complications, but we'll have them worked out shortly."
         "Fine. But, I expect more frequent communication, and more information very soon!"
         "I'm doing my best. Do you know how hard it is to.... Gotta go. Over and out."
         "Wait...!"
         Oran quickly threw the communication device in his bag, and unhooked the ear piece. Someone must have noticed him back there.
--
         "We finally made contact with out Bot, sir."
         "Excellent. What did you hear from them today?"
         "Well, sir, all we know is that the plan is going well, but there were a few complications."
         "Complications?"
         "He didn't elaborate on what they were, exactly. He had to leave mid conversation." 
        "Very well, then. Did he explain why it's been so long since we've had contact? And why we're not aware of his location? I thought we were supposed to have eyes on him!"
          "As did I, sir. But, he seems to have disabled the tracking device, and we were not able to track where his call came from. I believe, if he wanted nothing to do with us anymore, he never would have contacted us again. It seems he's even more intelligent than we first thought."
           "Sigh... I suppose you're right. I'm sure he's aware if we wanted to, we'd have the whole surrounding area searched out even greater than it already is. We'd leave no pile of rubble un-turned. Remind him of that the next time we make contact. In fact, let me tell him personally."
          "It will be done, sir."
          "Good..."
                                                                             --
          "What are you doing back here, Oran?" Aleck asked.
          "Oh, hey. Just... looking to see if there are any damages or holes on the house that Villains would be able to peer through and see us Strays and Heroes in here, you know what I mean?"
            "Sure. Anyway, why don't you join us in securing the house in case there are any emergencies?"
           "Alright. Sounds good to me. That's partly what I was doing out there, but sure. Why not?"
            Oran shrugged.
           Aleck questioned the validity of Oran's response to his reasoning for being behind the house, but put that thought aside and they both went inside the house to make it a more hospitable place to live. 
                                                                               
                                                                              --
          "Why are we still sending out Searchers to look for this stupid experiment?" exclaimed the Black Phantom. "If it was still out there, we'd most definitely have located it by now!"
             "But, sir!" Darkon argued, "I need to make sure-"
             "I've had quite enough. I want my Searchers back to where they are supposed to be, on their regular patrols!"
              "But-"
              "Shut up! . . . Anak, take this one out of here!"
               Darkon knew to shut his mouth when Anak got involved.
               Anak stepped from the shadows, came towards Darkon, grabbed his shoulder, turned him around and shoved him out the throne room door, face flat on the floor, only to stand up to see Mordeki staring him down. 
               "Get up, fool. Return to your laboratory." Moredki commanded Darkon, pointing towards the Villian Lab.
                                                                              --
                                                                    Some Time Later...
           "Here, let me talk to him... What information do you have for us now?"
           "We've got two main groups right now. It'll be a good bunch once we move forward with this plan." Oran replied.
           "Why is it we can't track you?"
           "Oh, don't worry about that. This will all be worth it in the end, trust me"
           "You know, we could have a group of Searchers on your tail in no time. We'll leave no area un-searched, no pile of rubble left alone--!" 
          "Yes, I'm well aware of it. I have no intention of leaving, if that's what you're concerned about. What would I hope to gain from leaving you guys anyway? I'd be no better off then these losers I'm currently with." 
           "Alright. Well, at least you know."
           "I have to go now. I lied about where I was going, and someone will probably need me shortly. Over and out." 
            Static
           "It sounds like he's taken heed to my warning. By the way, were you able to track the call?"
           "No, sir."
           "Drat! Oh well. He said this would all be worth it in the end. Let's hope so."
                                                                               --
           Oran stepped in front of the gathered Strays and Heroes, like a commander before his troops. The whole Alliance, in the new "House", as it was called now. The place they had found to shelter more Alliance members.
           Oran couldn't help but think to himself about the fact that they were all together like a flock of animals, completely unaware of what would happen to them one day.
             He began his presentation.
            "Hello my friends!" Oran began, with a smile. "I have something here I've been developing for a while now. I call them 'Squares'!" He held up a small square black device with a back-lit  screen on it. "These Squares will help us to keep track of each other at all times via the small screen with a radar display. Villains will appear as red dots, and any other Square devices will appear as green dots on the display. Plus, it is able to jam the radars of Villains, whether they be Searchers, City Guard, or what have you. Point is, it'll keep them from finding you. In case any of you are wondering, no, the Villain radar jammer is not able to to be turned off.  I've tested them all individually on different days, and they all work. They are even solar powered!"
          The Alliance members were astonished.
          Oran continued his speech, "Now that we have these, we will be able to track all of our groups, wherever they may be. As with any radar, there is a range limit. But, ranges can be improved if we are able to set up secret transmitters in different areas. I have also been working on ways for us to make contact between the Hatch and this new place, the House. It can't be a land line, since Villains will most likely be able to spot something like that. So, we will have to develop a way of communication that is wireless."
       Oran was able to keep their attention, and gain their trust further.
        Aleck kept having the feeling something wasn't right, but ignored it.
       When the presentation was through, the Strays and Heroes disbanded, and got to work on fixing up the new House.
         Aleck spotted Zakor and pulled him aside and said, "Something seems a little off about Oran to me. I can't quite put my finger on it, though."
        "How do you mean?" Zakor responded.
        "I don't know. Just . . . Something."
         "Oh?"
         "Well, earlier, I saw him back behind the House, acting a little strangely. He was fumbling around his words, and all."
         "He may not have been expecting you to come around, and was surprised."
         "That's what I'm afraid of."
         "Hmmm. I suppose I see your point. Well, I don't think it's anything, really. All he's done for us is help bring the Plan further into fruition. Now, he's presented those new Squares for us to use. He's only done good for the Alliance. Can you name one thing he's done to set us back on our planning? Or anything he's done to stall The Plan, even? "
          Aleck had to think. "I see what you're saying. I just sincerely hope that nothing is going wrong we don't know about."
           "Well, there's not time to worry about something so implausible, my friend. We need to get to work. our next step is to start freeing family and friends.
           "But, for your sake, I'll keep a watchful eye on him as well," Zakor said, in a caring way.
          "I appreciate it," Aleck said.
          A voice came from behind Zakor.
          "Hey, Zakor! We're gonna need your strength for this over here!"
           "I'll be right over!" He responded.
           "I'll talk to you later, alright?" Zakor said to Aleck.
           "Thanks!" Aleck replied.
           The two parted and went off to help fix their new House.

To Be Continued! 

       






No comments:

Post a Comment